Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Parade




Today I saw one of the biggest parades of my LIFE.

Yes, It's true, my fellow Provonians. Chicago may actually RIVAL provo in it's paradeness. This parade honored the men and women who serve our country - There are so many!



Though I have mixed feelings about the wars we are engaged in - I do feel a great sense of pride seeing our service men and women. My sincerest gratitude also goes out to those families who have also lost family members in serving their country.


Some of the most selfless people I know, some of the most selfless people I have ever met, have served in our country's armed forces.


There were even some of my favorite furry friends in this parade!


Chicago has a plethora of exciting events during the summer, this is just the beginning! (Have I tempted any of you to come visit yet?. . . )



No comments: