Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hilliard Ohio - The Birthday Capitol!

This last week, Rella and I jumped in the car (well, I jumped, Rella more. . . just sat. . . in her car seat) for a 6 hour trip to Hilliard. I know what you are wondering: Yes. . . she did quite well - only a few tears near the end of the trip.

It was a great couple of days with my sister and her girls:


From left to right: Brinley, Aspen and Avery

My little nieces are full of energy! Rella had a great time being smothered (almost literally, lol) with attention.

AND this joyous occasion came at perfect time: TWO of the girls (Brinley and Avery) and their sweet mom (Leah) have birthdays in July (can you BELIEVE it? What a great month) so I was able to attend their party.

Here's how the visit went (and I blog this with many thanks to my sweet sister and husband for making my stay so exciting, and for hosting Rella and I with the utmost care *thanks Leah and Cody*)

On the first day we visited COSI
It's this AMAZING children's museum that would have knocked the socks off of me as a kid, and still does as an adult (age is a state of mind, I guess that would explain my predicament :)

It was fun to go with the girls through "Poseidon's Adventure". This was a VERY creative way to teach children about water (and what better way is there to teach kids about water than to give them huge water guns? Someone knows what they are doing!)

what amazes me is the detail of these exhibits - I enjoyed thinking about what types of stage lighting I would do if it were my job to light up these brilliant sets.


They had many hands-on exhibits, including a chance to go in a little submarine. More on this adventure coming soon!

No comments: