Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Museum of Science and Industry!


If someone were to ask me "if I only had one chance to see a museum in Chicago, what Museum should I pick?"

Can you guess what I would say?

What other museum has a real giraffe cadaver in the lobby?



Now, I don't meant to trivialize the sacred life of animals and humans by being amazed in the "Bodies" exhibit - but it's really incredible how intricate and detailed we are inside. With a membership to the museum, Bodies is only one of the many changing exhibits that we get to see. The unchanging exhibits are so varied and marvelous too - after 20+ visits I can say I still haven't seen them all (though, I did get to go down in the "Mine" the other day, what an experience!)


Rella trying out an amputee's sports wheelchair




Rella and I enjoyed the park outside the Museum before going in the other day:



Rella

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Wait a minute. I haven't even been to that museum yet.

Guess I'll have to return to Sheecago.

Love, Mom