Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chicago's Northernly Island


As a "Sunday-morning-connect-with-nature" experience, Rella and I visited Northernly Island. It is this small utopia right in the middle of the city, which juts out just beyond the Adler Planetarium.



Rella thoroughly enjoyed the fine art of chasing geese 


As you walk along the shoreline, there are beautiful weeping willows which of course are perfect for secret hideaways for small people


 Rella with imaginary box on her head

Actually, this is the only picture with Rella facing me, so I decided to use it. I'm not sure what her arms mean other than "oh mom! This is so cool!" 

Though glass and other trash can sometimes be found on Chicago Beaches, overall they are beautiful places to visit. 


1 comment:

Zehlia said...

Hey Duane and Kelty, so glad you are back to blogging after a few months with no posts. I am guessing that school and family was keeping you busy.