Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Chicago Art Institute

There are many ways to be inspired in Chicago - though I think I've found a really good one: 

The Chicago Art Institute 


The first and third Wednesday of any month is FREE for Chicago residents (go Chicago!) Rella and I joined forces with our friends this morning to view some breathtaking originals like . . .


 Seurat's Sunday Afternoon

Van Gogh's Self Portrait 

Though our visit was short, I felt the palpable energy of all the history and expression that surrounded us. Here is a quick picture of Rella (looking contemplative) at the end of our morning visit: 


More pictures coming soon - and hopefully more of myself as well! (I would like to avoid being one of those mom's who only has pictures of her kids until they are about 18 - it's symbolic to me, so I am going to find a way to get a few in of myself, bad hair and all!) 
 

No comments: